~Planning for My Future~

And yet, I still do not have a solid concept in the specifics of my future career but I do know the general direction. As an 11th grade student, I am closely approaching the time where I have to make a decision that will practically determine my entire life. I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel under pressure or stressed at all. After all, the significance that this high school year beholds becomes one of the only motivations that I have to put in my full effort (with some exceptions of course). I am seeking tips and guidance for further steps to take as of right now.

Ideally, I’d like to head in to sciences (specifically biology and perhaps chemistry), and find something that I would both enjoy AND make a lot of money with. Now, that might not be the exact result and I am trying to be prepared for other possible outcomes but it becomes a good goal to start with and to guide me. A lot of my friends already know the university that they will be planning to hopefully attend, and the scholarships that they will apply for in order to make that happen. It may be my fault for not doing enough research that will ultimately decide my fate but I do believe that in order to first look in to these paths, I have to first know exactly what I want. Isn’t that how it works?

Even now, I am questioning the courses that I am taking and will be taking, and whether it will actually provide a use for me when I finally attend university. These courses include French, Physics and potentially Calculus. However, I am confident that taking ELA AP this year and perhaps the next will have its benefits for me. I have been told that I should just stop being so fearful and take everything so that I would not have to worry in the future. In retrospect, I have also been told that I should not be stressing myself right now and I can always take extra courses in Uni when I am ready. I am stuck in between these completely opposite suggestions which leads me to the current “dilemma” that I am facing right now.

Perhaps I’m overreacting. Perhaps I’m overthinking and perhaps I still have time. It doesn’t hurt to plan ahead right? I should be looking forward instead of back so I can prepare myself for the possible obstacles that I may face. As excited as I am to see what I will finally become, I am just as cautious making sure that the person I will become is the person I want to be.

Thank you for reading my “rant”<3