Birth

I was taught that literature begins with introductions, so here is my humble attempt at one. For those of you who I haven’t had the pleasure of knowing, my name is Siddharth Kumar and I am a FFCA alum who graduated a year ago. During my time there I had the honour (and curse) of having Ms. Hunni as my AP english teacher. I was by no means the most talented writer, nor the most voracious reader, nor even the best speaker, but I made it through doing well. Now two year after my story at FFCA has ended, I’m out East at the University of Waterloo in my second year studying Mechanical Engineering, and though I find myself on the other side of the country, my thoughts have  recently wandered back to this class.

Life imitates nature, perhaps as a consequence of being its best progeny. So as the seasons bring balance to the physical world I am certain our soul too follows suite. There are times in ones life where they have much to say, marked by an abundance of vibrating energy where words and thoughts spill forth from the cracks of our consciousness. A summer of the soul. But summer is followed in due time by winter: the need to be quiet and isolated, to think and experience. Having exhausted our heat, we require passivity to earnestly experience and produce new, original thoughts by going deep within our own conscious as we seek refuge from the frigid air of uncertainty.

Winter can be a terrifying time. Though there is beauty in it, it also muffles you with darkness and takes away your will to move. But when you stop moving, you become acutely aware of any movement around you. For the past two years I have been lying in the bosom of winter, and from it I have learned more than I could have possibly imagined. However, recently I have been plagued by a concept that deeply concerns, and one that was just powerful enough to awaken the coming of Spring.

I have something to say again.

And I believe it to be one of the most urgent and significant ideas that I need to understand for myself. And I need your help. You specifically. See I am acutely aware of the intellectual calibre of you writers and I feel that you are equal parts the audience who may find value in these thoughts as well as the best team to help me straighten out my ideas. These articles are not intended to only be a message board to you, but a dialogue between your minds and my own so that I can use your ideas, dismantle them, search them and properly develop my own thoughts with regard to this topic.

I need your help.

I am asking you to take the time to read these articles and talk to me about them. I’m asking you to take time out of your day to comment, reply, and think about the concepts because as I will lay out, I believe that this is one of the most significant developmental ideas I have ever come across. and I NEED to get it right. There exists a real danger in being wrong about this.  I recognize you are all extremely busy, high achieving students. I get it. I was too. But because you are, I also know you understand that there are ideas in life far more important than grades, and far more significant than this moment. The ideas I want to share with you revolve around who we can become and who we ultimately WILL become. And I earnestly believe you will find it a deeply worthy investment in your own self to engage with me here.

Though I intended for my thoughts to span one article, I now believe that I will have more to say than I originally thought, and so I will seek to make my thoughts into a series, and as the series evolves, I hope too do our thoughts. If I am successful, I will have a much clearer image of my own life and perhaps at least one of you will find yourself thinking about your life.

Thank you, and I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Siddharth Kumar

5 thoughts on “Birth

1. Dearest Siddarth,
    I look forward to seeing what this series has in store! I, along with many eager, impressionable AP minds, am here to support your sharing of wisdom as I am sure that there is a lot that I can learn from your life experiences and I hope the same will happen for you, from us. It is said that a smart man learns from his mistakes and a wise man from the mistakes of others – I hope that I am able to gain a tad bit of wisdom from this.

You have my support and encouragement as you pursue this. 🙂

Regards,
    Ibukun

1. Hi Ibukun,

thank you for your kind words. My apologies for the delay in response time. I would hardly say what I have to share with you is wisdom, but I I deeply appreciate your support. I think that there are concepts that we never think about, and as I have begun to think about it in my life I have come to see it as alarmingly important. I hope that in sharing it with you guys there is an opportunity to expedite my own learning curve and have some fantastic conversations with some great minds! I should have the new post out by the end of this week, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts then!

2. Dear Siddharth,
    It’s been quite a while since I last read any new piece of writing from you, but I’m glad to see that your writing skills haven’t waned at all – I daresay that you’ve added a new style to your writing, one that involves a strong emphasis on logos. Personally, I’m immensely excited to observe the progression of this series. For myself, I hope to come to a greater understanding of the relation between my facade (outer-self) and my soul (inner-self); if I’m able to be of any assistance to you or anyone else while doing so, I will truly be honoured. It is said that the epitome of humility, which I so fervently pursue, is found in requesting for the help of others as the individual attempts to improve themselves towards perfection, despite knowing that they’ll never reach that point of perfection. I was reminded of this by your blog post, which foreshadows to me the significance of your forthcoming series in giving truth to that statement. Now that you’ve piqued my curiosity on this subject, I’m hoping you won’t keep us all waiting for the next post in this series… although, from what I’ve seen, the life of an intellectual university student seems to be perpetually overloaded with different commitments, no? Regardless, I will be waiting for the next post that will pacify my curiosity.

Humbly yours,
    Rehman

1. Rehman!

It’s great to hear from you sir! I hope all is well with you. I have no doubt your thoughts will contribute a significant block of challenges for me to consider and I I am really really looking forward to it. I seem to have already failed you with this delay time, but alas, time is a cruel mistress. She teases and passes too quickly. By the end of this week I hope to have my piece out and begin discussing it with you all over the weekend and into the week! I look forward to hearing from you soon brother.